* 1 cup of rolled oats (not instant oats)
* 2 cups water
* 1/4 cup Grape Nuts for crunch (if I have them)
* 1 tbsp ground flaxseed (optional for omega 3)
* 1 cup banana milk (or you can use unsweetened almond milk or some other non-dairy milk)
* 1/2-1 cup defrosted from frozen strawberries
Cook oatmeal as per instructions on the bag (I microwave the oats and water for 5 minutes). I like mine cool so I put it in the fridge to cool for an hour. Add the flaxseed and Grape Nuts (if using), as well as the strawberries (or berries of choice). Blend a ripe banana with 1/2-1 cup of water until blended. Should only take 5 seconds or so. Pour milk on oatmeal.
If you prefer warm oatmeal, slice the banana on top and don’t make the banana milk. I eat this almost every day!
Note: Cereals are whole wheat based without many ingredients in Canada and hopefully you can find them as well. Strawberries are fresh in season and frozen the rest of the year. I buy frozen sliced strawberries and put them in a container in the fridge the night before to thaw, which creates juices.