You can adjust your favourite meat sauce to remove the ground beef/oil and add a can of rinsed lentils, but here’s what I do (leave out anything you don’t like and adjust ingredients to taste).
• 1 medium onion, diced
• 1 clove of garlic, diced
• 1/2 large green pepper, diced
• 1/2 large red pepper, diced
• 1/2 package of frozen chopped spinach, about 1 cup
• 1 19 oz can of crushed tomatoes
• 1/2 tsp garlic powder
• 1 tsp onion powder
• 1+ tbsp italian spices (oregano, basil)
• 1 sprinkle red pepper flakes (as much as you like to make it hot or not)
For pizza sauce add
• 1 small can of tomato paste
Microwave the frozen spinach in a bowl for 3 minutes to soften. Sauté the diced red/green pepper in water in a frying pan to soften under medium heat. As it softens add the onion. As the onion softens add the garlic and spinach. When the ingredients are pretty soft add the crushed tomatoes and spices. Turn down heat if it starts to bubble, stirring regularly. Drain noodles when done. Put noodles on a plate and pour sauce on top. If you like more pasta sauce add a can of tomato paste and water to dilute the lentils/veggies.